What are cookies and why do we use them?
When you visit our website, we use ‘cookie’ technology to make your experience simple, personalised and meaningful. These cookies are not edible, but small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device. They are generally used to make our website work, to let us know how you’re using the site, to remember your login details, your preferences, interests, and so on.
There are different types of cookies, and they can be differentiated by their origin, function and lifespan. Some are set by us and some are set by third parties who we work with. Here are the important characteristics of the cookies we use:
- First party cookies are cookies that are placed by us, while third party cookies are placed by a website other than the one you are visiting. It’s important to know that we do not control the collection or further use of data by third parties.
- Essential cookies are cookies that keep our website running smoothly. They are necessary as they enable you to use the features on our site and allow you to move around from page to page.
- Performance/analytics cookies let us know how many people visit our site, what pages they spend the most time on and alerts us of any errors. These cookies are incredibly important as they give us the tools to help build a site that’s best for our customers.
- Functional cookies allow us to remember people that have already been to our site and their preferences (e.g. language, region, login, and so on).
- Targeting/advertising cookies enable us to send you meaningful and personalised advertising
- Session cookies are temporary cookies that are erased once you close your browser while persistent or permanent cookies stay on your device until you manually delete them or until your browser deletes them based on the duration period specified in the persistent cookie file
If you’d like to know more about cookies, you can find this information on www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that RewardRate has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, this third-party website.
What types of cookies do we use?
In addition, we may also use web beacons (or clear GIFs) and other similar technologies in addition to, or in combination with, cookies. A web beacon is typically a transparent graphic image (usually 1 pixel x 1 pixel) that is placed on a website or in an email and it helps us to understand the behaviour of visitors to our Site. More information on web beacons can be found at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/faqs/beacons.html. Please note that RewardRate has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, this third party website.
Our Site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Google"). Google Analytics is a popular cookie-based web analysis service provided by Google, which we use to monitor how visitors use our Site, allow us to analyse data and to help us improve the Site.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our Site (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Our Site may use services provided by Facebook, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Facebook") to deliver certain information to you, including adverts. You can control how Facebook uses data to show you ads by using your ad preference settings in Facebook. Further details on how Facebook processes personal data are available via Facebook's Cookie Notice. Information on Facebook advertising is available through Facebook's Ads Page. You can adjust your Facebook ads preferences here: https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/edit/. Please note that RewardRate has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, any of the information or tools provided by Facebook.
How can you control cookies and web beacons?
Most internet browsers are set to automatically accept cookies. Depending on your browser, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, or you can set it to refuse them. Please refer to the 'help' button (or similar) on your browser to learn more about how you can do this.
Disabling cookies may impact your experience on our Site.
If you use different devices to access our Site, you will need to ensure that each browser of each device is set to your cookie preference.
More information on how to manage cookies is available from: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Please note that RewardRate has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, this third-party website.
In addition, you may opt-out from certain cookies by visiting the following third party websites and selecting which company cookies you would like to opt-out from: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/#completed and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/. Please note that RewardRate has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, these third-party websites.